Thursday, September 30, 2010

Blog Post #5

picture of a rss feed with headphones on top
Eagle Nest Radio and Class Blog

This blog is an excellent teaching method. The students recorded a podcast about different topics. I think this help the student learn by actually participating and talking about the subject. I could tell the excitement in the student's voice while discussing the topic. Other students around the world could listen to their podcast and learn more than sitting in class listening to a lecture. I think by the students hearing other students their age discussing a subject would grasp their attention more. I love the idea of using podcast in the classroom.

by Joe Dale

Podcasting in the classroom benefits students in many ways. This video discussed several real life situations that podcasting would come in handy. Students who are absent have access to the information they missed via podcast. Missing a day of school can sometimes set a student back and prove hard to catch up. The students can listen to the information as many times they need until they grasp the topics. Even if a student did attend class they still could go home and listen to the information again. The parents are exposed to what was covered in the classroom also. I think recording a podcast is a great teaching tool to keep the students interested and on track.

by Judy Scharf

This blog is a helping tool for people who are not knowledgeable of a podcast. I did not know much about podcasting before EDM310. Judy Scharf explains what a podcast is, how to devote time creating a podcast, and different subjects to record in a podcast. The tips to succeed helped my podcasting partner, Tiffany Morris, and I understand the concepts of podcasting. We used this blog for the foundation of creating our podcast.



2 comments:

  1. 4 days late I like the link to Tiffany's blog. Good summary. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dr. Strange! I apologize for the late post.

    ReplyDelete