Thursday, September 9, 2010

Addition Assignment #1


Google Squared and WolframAlpha are both great educational implications. Using these tools in the classroom will help broaden student's thinking towards the word. I was not aware of any of these tools before viewing Dr. Strange's video. A geography teacher could use these tools in class rather than out-dated textbooks. I am anxious about using these tools and learning more ways to manipulate them.
After viewing Did You Know 3.0, I was shocked about the statistics of India having more honor students than students in the United States. However, now I am at eased about that statement due to the population and Dr. Strange explaining what it really meant. I agree with Dr. Strange about comprehending what something really means instead of running with ideas that are being thrown out.

Food For Thought Comment: I think children are easy learners. Now if an older computer illiterate person in there 40s or 50s would have picked up the iPad they probably would have lost their mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment