Sunday, November 21, 2010

Blog Post #13

ALEX logo


Alabama Learning Exchange (ALEX)

ALEX is an awesome website for teachers especially first year teachers. This website offers lesson plans for all subjects with Alabama State Standards. If you are a new teacher this website will definitely steer you into the right direction for planning and teaching every subject. ALEX provides web links, podcast treasury, lesson plans, and a personal workspace to create your own lesson plans for others to review. The lesson plans are broken down into many categories. First choose the course of study and grade level, then choose the state standard referred. ALEX is a website where educators are sharing ideas so that our children will benefit tremendously.

I was not aware of ALEX before this assignment. I am thankful for this website and I know it will be useful in my future career. This website is a great relief for first time teachers, however teachers should not use this as a crutch. I think educators should also add their creativity and ideas to the lesson plans also. I don't think a teacher should depend on this website for an excuse not to contribute to education.


ACCESS is an online educational system that provides different courses for middle and high school students in Alabama through distant learning. This is for students who are behind, transfered, or simple want to get ahead for college without having to go to another school. It offers online classes to all high school students who might need credits to graduate. The students can enroll to ACCESS instead of having to wait another semester to finish high school. I think this is a great way to help students socialize with other socioeconomic groups.

My major is special education k-6 therefore my students probably won't be involved with ACCESS during my time of teaching. However I would encourage other parents and students to research information about ACCESS. I think this is a great way for students to stay on track or get ahead in secondary school.

1 comment:

  1. I agree. I think that the ALEX website is going to be a great tool for us a teachers. There are so many things included on the website, and I love the section with the podcasts and corresponding lesson plans! Good luck with the rest of EDM 310... we've almost made it! :)

    ReplyDelete