Friday, November 5, 2010

Blog Post #11

First Graders in Ms. Cassidy's Class and An Interview with Ms. Cassidy using Skype

I commend Ms. Cassidy for using technology techniques in her classroom. Even though the other teachers are not interested and still using old teaching methods, Ms. Cassidy is using a new approach to learning.I think Ms. Cassidy understands the concepts of learning in a new era. She knows how to cater to her audience. Her students are interested in the curriculum and seems to enjoy the assignments given. In the video the students mentioned using wiki as a form of learning. I think this is a good idea because other educators can share their ideas with the students. Wikis are also a great teaching method because it is impossible for one teacher to know everything about a topic. I will definitely use wikis in my classroom curriculum. I know technological teachers have problems with "cavemen" teachers. If I encounter these problems as a teacher, I would persuade the teacher how technology benefits the students in so many positive ways. I would offer to help them become technologically literate. I think using Ms. Cassidy's approach would produce successful independent individuals.

3 comments:

  1. LaChandra,

    You have a very nice blog. I really liked this blog post. I agree with you about Ms. Cassidy having a good approach. You said she caters to her audience and I think that is very true! Just one thought, if you are wanting to use Wiki in your classroom, be careful. Several teachers I have come into contact with are not accepting Wiki as a source of 100% truthful information. It is because Wiki allows people to change or alter the description of things. I'm not sure the process of how this is done, and honestly I don't agree with those teachers, but just be careful.

    Caitlyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Caitlyn for pointing out the information about Wiki.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, Mrs. Cassidy is doing an awesome job. You mentioned the "cavemen" teachers. You said, "I would persuade the teacher how technology benefits the students in so many positive ways." How would you persuade them? SS

    ReplyDelete